Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm Glad You Found Me!

Here goes my first post...am I blogging yet?  I've been wanting to share my renewed interest in the sport of airgun shooting with fellow enthusiasts and newcomers, and have made a couple YouTube videos (links in the sidebar).  Problem is, I've been too busy with work and obligations to set aside the time to make videos with any frequency, so I'm thinking this blog will allow me to share on a more convenient and regular basis.  Let's see how this Blogger host works out; I chose them pretty quickly based on their being simple, and free.  Hey I think it's time for a pic of an airgun!  Here's my very enjoyable-to-shoot RWS 350 Pro Compact.  I'll be doing a review of this gun soon:


Airguns provide an affordable and viable means of access to the shooting sports.  More importantly, airguns are a real pleasure to shoot, especially the accurate ones!  Many non-shooters and cartridge gun shooters alike are not even aware of the existence of a whole class of higher-end air rifles and pistols, but they'd be amazed at the performance, accuracy, and craftsmanship to be found.  Not saying it's neccesary to spend large dollars to obtain a good degree of function though - you can find Crosman, Daisy and Gamo products at Wal Mart that will shoot pretty well and offer lots of fun and value.  Then again, there's life beyond Wal Mart.  Spend some time on the web and you'll find an amazing array of air files and pistols very well suited to hunting of small game and precision target shooting.   I have not had the pleasure of shooting a PCP (Precharged Pneumatic) gun yet but I look forward to experiencing their precision and power, when the opportunity arises.  I enjoy shooting my air rifles and pistols every bit as much as my cartridge firearms, and I can enjoy them legally in my back yard range - which means I can do a lot more shooting!  I look forward to sharing a variety of airgunning experiences and observations here and getting some feedback from you, so let's meet again soon.
 
Safe Shooting,
Ken

12 comments:

  1. Hi Ken thanks for your insight and knowledge, I am in the market to purchase a air rifle and have been looking at all the models Diana have to offer, however I am now convinced on buying model 350 panther pro compact thanks again for your review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a moment tell us, did you get one and are you liking it?

      Delete
  2. Hi Ken! Nice website you've got going and i can't wait until you put out some new stuff. I am having a hard time choosing between the rws 350 magnum (normal barrel size) and the compact rws 350 (the one you have). How do they compare? Is the longer 350 more accurate, or faster? If you haven't actually tried the normal size 350 maybe you've heard some info that would benefit people in my situation. Thanks, and aloha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried the full length 350 but it will not be faster or more accurate than the shorter Pro Compact. With spring piston airguns, barrel length beyond something like 9 inches will not add velocity, unlike with PCP or CO2. Go for the one whose looks you like best. I have a new Air Arms S510 and will try to add a couple new blog posts soon. Aloha!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ken, I am very happy could found your blog.
    You ve very nice story inside about your hometown & your family, beside very detail information and very nice photos about how to dis-assembly & assembly your gun.
    Thank you for the sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure to have you check out my blog, friend. I really appreciate the kind words! Happy shooting.

      Delete
  4. Excelente blog, tengo el mismo rifle, es muy potente y preciso, pero el lente no dura mucho. ¿Qué lente tienes tú? ¿Cuánto tiempo lo tienes? felicitaciones y gracias.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent blog, I have the same rifle, is very powerful and accurate, but the lens does not last long. What lens do you have? How much time you got? congratulations and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had great luck with my Leapers 3-12x40 scope (lens). They are durable and a good value!

      Delete
  6. hi Ken ,

    Loved the you tube review . It helped me make the choice to but the 350 pro compact and the choice to but the votek kit also , ive had a few problems with mine : scope, dry gun and muzzle break .

    i was just wondering if you found a way to fix the muzzle break to the gun ? mine likes to snap the little screws in half . thanks - kamal- littlebigpuff@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, Kamal I never really had a problem with the muzzle brake, but with the recoil this gun generates it's wise to be sure all fasteners are held in place with a dab of Loc-Tite. Clean the screw first with rubbing alcohol, then apply sparingly. I suspect the screw snapped because it was loose, then the movement of the muzzle break during recoil was shocking enough to snap it. I think if you keep it tight this won't happen. Good luck!

      Delete
  7. It's an appreciable and informative blog. Thank you so much. Similar air pistol post here

    ReplyDelete